MarketplaceLIVE is the one-day, once a year event where the complete community of cloud and internet stakeholders can come together as equals to cross-pollinate ideas. It is one of our favorite days of the year, giving attendees energy and ideas to take back to their offices and boardrooms.
This year, September 22 will undoubtedly feature lots of in-depth discussion of critical industry issues. But (as our friends at Buzzfeed have shown) sometimes you just want a quick and dirty list to spur the mind into action (or maybe just kill some time). In the spirit of brevity and fun, here are the 10 things all IT geeks and leaders need to understand before they die:
1. It’s inevitable that as soon as you finally master the perfect puppy-with-tongue-out selfie, some new Snapchat wannabe will blow up the scene and change the way we interact with communities and spread brand awareness.
2. It's never a good idea to use 1337 5p34k in a work email.
3. The AI in your pizza ordering app is not your personal assistant. Lest you end up like Joaquin Phoenix’ character in the dystopian sci-fi drama Her, you may want to be selective about the technologies you decide to adopt early.
4. You can't get anthrax from opening your email. Now MOVE!
5. The recipe for success for that new startup you’re creating is 1 part beard, 2 parts hoodie, and a shot of man-bun.
6. You may be cool, but (lucky for you), you'll never be “stock photo of IT guy taking a selfie” cool.
7. Just accept it, headphone jacks will be a thing of the past. Jack who? Boy, bye
8. It’s not how fast you collect the data, it’s how quickly you can put it to good use. Don’t crack under the pressure to collect more and more data! Make the data you do collect useful and you’ll be thanked 1,000 times over.
9. The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42.
10. Go see Jonah Peretti, CEO of Buzzfeed give the keynote speech at MarketplaceLIVE, September 22, 2016 in NYC!
We couldn’t be more excited to feature a keynote speaker like Mr. Peretti. As a young person who has helped spearhead a revolution in the way people consume information online, he is sure to have some exciting ideas about the present and the future of our world. To register, see the agenda, and learn more about MarketplaceLIVE, click here.