Our second Santa Clara data center, SCL2, is a 40,000 sq. ft. data center in the heart of Silicon Valley that adds industry leading high-power density, 2N-redundant, energy efficient space to the Telx data center portfolio—that much is clear to anyone who reads SCL2’s facility spec page.
Did you know, however, that SCL2 is capable of fully supporting a business from the time it’s a startup to the time it’s a global brand? That benefit is one of many unexpected benefits that a business has in store when it colocates at SCL2. Have a look below for a few more reasons your business should consider leasing space at our second Santa Clara facility:
- High power density: Offering up to 425 W/sq. ft. of power density, SCL2 allows customers to make the most of their leased space. Unlike other data centers that offer lower power density, SCL2 supports a high volume of equipment in every square foot leased from Telx. For maximum efficiency, SCL2 is hard to beat.
- Close proximity to SFR1: SFR1, located at 200 Paul Avenue, is located just south of downtown of one of the largest colocation markets in the United States, and a lease at SCL2 allows customers to leverage the wide range of services offered at both locations. In addition, colocating at SCL2 allows Telx customers to fully utilize the enormous ecosystem we’ve built up and down the West Coast.
- Full lifecycle support: Capacity, part of Telx’s 3 C’s, ensures that Telx is equipped to support businesses through their entire lifecycle, from the startup phase to global deployment. SCL2 is exceptionally well-prepared for full lifecycle support, with over 40,000 sq. ft. of space available, as well as 425 W/sq. ft. power density. Appropriately located near Silicon Valley, SLC2 is well-equipped to support businesses from the time they’re created all throughout their exponential growth.
- Incredible connection opportunity: SCL2 gives customers access to Ethernet Connect, and Metro Connect, which together give customers unprecedented connectivity options. Combined with the proximity to SFR1 and our other West Coast data centers we just mentioned above, this connection opportunity provides immense value to all of our customers at SCL2.
- Green design: SCL2 is part of the Vantage Data Center campus, which employs many green elements in its design. One of the most important green elements of this campus is its power supplier, Silicon Valley Power (SVP), which maintains steady pricing and obtains 25 to 30 percent of its energy from renewable sources such as wind and geothermal. Eco-minded customers can rest comfortably knowing that SCL2 is part of the important movement to reduce the energy footprint of data centers across the world.
While SCL2 offers our Santa Clara customers many hidden benefits, you don’t have to colocate at SCL2 to utilize all that Telx provides. All 20 of our data centers nationwide offer countless benefits to our customers, and we’re proud of the ecosystem we’ve built. To learn more about SCL2 and the rest of our data centers, click here to visit our data center home page. For all other questions, or even if you’d just like to say hello, don’t hesitate to reach out via the contact page of our site, or by Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.