Peering is a hot topic amongst today’s tech community, with the global peering ecosystem sitting on the backbone of today’s modern Internet. There’s a lot of attention and debate regarding the oversight and control of this ecosystem from industry players; bills are being passed that are shaping and affecting how we use the Internet and conduct business.
In the newly-released video embedded above, the panel at session #1 of Telx MarketplaceLIVE 2015 tackles questions about the peering ecosystem and the future of the Internet.
The session, moderated by Ilissa Miller, Founder & CEO of iMiller Public Relations, features the following panelists:
- Michael Wheeler, EVP, Head of Global IP Network Business Unit, NTT Communications
- Peter Helmenstine, Sr. Network Architect, Telx
- Ryan Donnelly, Director, Infrastructure Planning & Strategy, Verisign
- Adam Rothschild, SVP of Network and Datacenter Infrastructure, Packet
- Jezzibell Gilmore, VP Business Development, GTT
Want to know where the resources are coming from to execute new peering legislation? How about who the influencers are, or what the implications are for the peering community and the Internet as we know it? Take a look above for an insightful discussion on, as we call it, “the pulse of peering.”
If you enjoyed the panel session above, head over to the TelxMarketplaceLIVE 2015 Vimeo page. There you’ll find video of the other three panel sessions, the opening address from Chris Downie, CEO, and more. You can also learn more about Telx MarketplaceLIVE by visiting its official website here.