A McKinsey & Company report found that 85% of surveyed senior supply-chain executives1 struggled with inefficient digital technologies in their supply chains. Leveraging digital technologies are how Manufacturing can change how they create and deliver value to their customers, but this needs to be considered when building out their data infrastructure.
This is forcing a new architecture that needs to be designed for:
- Enhancing data exchanges across multiple internal/external platforms
- Running performant analytics across each global point of presence
- Bringing users, networks, and clouds to privately hosted Manufacturing data
Optimizing Manufacturing data exchange requires a data-centric infrastructure architecture that's designed to solve for Data Gravity2, secure data near the customer, and enforce data compliance whilst also being designed for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Developed by expert solutions architects, our Optimizing Manufacturing Data Exchange PDx™ Solution Toolkit includes:
- Pervasive Datacentre Architecture (PDx™) Solution Brief
Orients audience with industry-specific use cases relative to PlatformDIGITAL®
- Pervasive Datacentre Architecture (PDx™) Blueprint
Three-step integration and hosting solution process to achieve target state architecture
- Pervasive Datacentre Architecture (PDx™) Design Guide
Plan, identify, map and deploy methodology that shows real value impact
1 Alicke, K., Gupta, R., & Trautwein, V. (2020, October 20). Resetting supply chains for the next normal. McKinsey & Company. Retrieved from mckinsey.com
2 Digital Realty. (n.d.). (rep.). Data Gravity Index DGx.