Sunny weather is finally here in New York City! As the weather warms up and we ramp up for summer, what could sound better than cold drinks, great food, an amazing rooftop view, and networking with today’s leading technology experts after an all-day conference?
The Telx team couldn’t be more thrilled about the networking that will be taking place at the upcoming MarketplaceLIVE event on Wednesday, June 10th, 2015 in New York City. We’ve intentionally set up the event to create a networking atmosphere, from the exhibitor floor, to the MarketplacePORTAL lounge, to our great rooftop reception. Past events have been a tremendous success for this very reason.
Even so, we thought we’d put together some tips to get the most value out of your networking at #TelxMPL just a few weeks from today.
- Bridge social media with the real world. Social media has become a large part of today’s society, but there are limits to a virtual world. Face-to-face networking has value that social media can’t touch. Use social media as a tool to scout out interests, then on the day of the event, interact with people face-to-face. If you want to participate in face-to-face and social media at the same time, bring your phone, take lots of photos, and share them online with the #TelxMPL hashtag!
- Pre-network. It’s essential to “pre-network” before you go to a conference—that means knowing who will be there and who you want to meet, and potentially even reaching out to them beforehand to set a meeting. Our mobile-friendly MarketplacePORTAL allows registered attendees to connect, view, and schedule meetings with other attendees! Use this to your advantage to make sure your schedule is loaded with networking.
- Find a Telx employee to help you make connections. If you find yourself wandering the day of the event, if you have a quick question, or if you’d just like to talk, look for anyone with an X pin and host lanyard. The Telx team is here to make this event great, so don’t hesitate to pull someone aside with a question!
- Visit the exhibitor floor. This year’s exhibitor floor is packed with 60+ companies here to help your business, from Cisco to NTT Communications. Whether you want to network with potential partners or explore vendor offerings, the exhibitor floor is a must-see!
- Don’t miss the after party! Lastly, we couldn’t forget the after party. We’ll continue the day’s events with signature cocktails and more networking at Novotel New York Times Square. This is a great opportunity to wrap the day up and unwind with attendees from the show. Did we mention signature cocktails? Special thanks to our after party sponsors: Level 3, DataGryd, IX Reach, ComNet, and Corning.
With several Telx MarketplaceLIVE events under our belts, we’re looking forward to a full day of facilitating networking within the technology industry! The opportunities and connections that will be made at this year’s MarketplaceLIVE are some of the best reasons to attend.
With these networking tips, many great attendees, esteemed speakers, and more, we can’t wait to see what this year’s MarketplaceLIVE has in store.